Weird Armadillo Facts
1. With a Different Name – In spanish armadillo means, “small armed one.” Germans have another word for armadillo which means “little pig.” I believe armadillos would take offense to this if they just knew. I know I would. Some less fortunate wind up eating these adorable creatures or they’d starve.
2. Armadillos are cold blooded. They are known for leprosy, which they tend to contract. There’s hardly any probability of people getting leprosy from armadillos, however, armadillos are employed in finding cures and understanding the disease in people.
3. – Baby armadillos, much like crabs or some other hard shelled animals have soft shells.
4. Armadillos don’t have teeth to protect them. While humans and Raccoon Removal Tampa other mammals have a number of diverse kinds, they just have one kind of teeth, peg molars. Armadillos mostly eat insects.
5. In times of anxiety, mama armadillos can keep a fertilized egg from implanting, and grow in the uterus, for as much as two decades. Elephants are the only other mammal that may hold unborn infants that long.